AFTER LOSS CONSULTING
You deserve the space to grieve.
We know firsthand how overwhelming dealing with the loss of a loved one can be. Most of our After Loss consulting clients come to us wondering…
- Who do I call first?
- What paperwork do I need to sort through?
- What happens with the estate?
- How do I let friends and family know?
- What professionals should I be working with?
… all while wishing there was someone who could take these tasks off their plate — or at the very least, tell them exactly what to do so they can get some space to breathe. That’s what we’re here for.
After Loss Consulting Process
GET TO WORK
SPACE TO GRIEVE
Consider us the ultimate project manager.
From completing paperwork to closing accounts, we help take tasks of your plate so you can stop wondering what you’re supposed to be doing and get back to the things that matter — like spending precious time with your friends and family celebrating the life of your loved one.
We can handle anything from…
- Helping to complete forms and bureaucratic paperwork, including complimentary notary services
- Closing, transferring or archiving accounts, memberships, subscriptions and/or household utilities
- Canceling, transferring or closing accounts, memberships, subscription services or household utilities
- Notifying friends, schools, and associations
- Ensuring legal matters and important paperwork are in order
- Navigating probate requirements and processes
- Assisting with managing the estate, which can include asset and debt discovery, managing ongoing expenses or distributing personal property to beneficiaries
- Organizing estate planning documents and important paperwork
- Working directly with your attorney or other team members to facilitate the estate administration process
- Create detailed plan to empty contents of home in preparation for sale
- Assisting with disposing of personal belongings and sourcing and hiring vendors, including estate sale companies, appraisers, movers and/or junk removal services
- Act as a liaison between professionals and client, arranging appointments, keeping track of estimates and documentation, fielding questions and coordinating service times
- Serve as project management lead for on-site activities
- Providing referrals to attorneys, financial planners, CPA’s, estate sale companies and/or downsizing services
- Serving as a conduit between your team of professionals
- Providing guidance to help manage unexpected challenges that arise
We are not attorneys, financial advisors or CPA’s, however, we partner with these resources, when needed, to ensure that every task that we complete for you is under their advice. And if you do not have an estate attorney or financial advisor and your estate requires or would benefit from these resources, we are happy to connect you with our network of seasoned professionals.
We are happy to provide virtual or over-the-phone consulting to individuals and families in need regardless of your geographic location. However, there are limits to what we can do from afar and in order to complete many of the tasks needed in end-of-life situations, it is ideal that your loved one lives in the Metro-Atlanta area or did when they passed. Please reach out to us for a complimentary consultation to strategize on how we can best help you to let you know if we can help.
Typically, we begin working with families a few weeks after the loss of a loved one, but we are available to talk with you immediately following the loss, or even years after. Our goal is to provide answers, clarity and guidance to families whenever it’s needed.
Yes! Our Legacy Planning package includes an audit of your current estate documents, followed by a plan to execute any forms or decisions you might be missing. You can learn more about that here.
When AfterLight completes the After Loss plan for you, you will sign an agreement that permits AfterLight to act as an authorized agent on your behalf.. This agreement permits us to make phone calls, close accounts and coordinate resources on your behalf. The executor will have authority over what actions AfterLight can take. Full approval from you and your family is required before AfterLight takes action on any task.
Absolutely! Gifting AfterLight or prepaying for your family in the event of your loss gives your family and friends peace of mind. From organizing estate documentation or making sure everything is closed out appropriately, we are knowledgeable, organized and sensitive with the families we serve. We make it easy to ensure everything is handled appropriately – no matter how big or small the task. You can learn more about prepaying or gifting services here.
Aren't sure where to start?
We totally get it. This process can be super overwhelming! We offer free consultations where you can ask questions, get information, and talk things through with someone who’s been there.