We’ve all heard the question, what do you get for the person who has it all? Well we think the tougher question is, what do you get for the person who is grieving? As the holidays approach, you may be grappling to find just the right gift for that friend or family member who recently lost someone. The one who may be having a hard time finding joy again. The one who is spending their first year with an empty chair at their holiday dinner table.
We have some ideas.
Below is a list of carefully curated businesses who provide a product or service specifically to help people who have lost someone they love. So if you find yourself searching for something that may bring not only meaning, but memories to last their lifetime, have a look and don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions about any of them.
- A Box of Comfort – gift boxes to comfort the five senses during difficult times
- Filled With Gold – gift boxes for widows to find some TLC
- Help Texts – grief support at your fingertips (Use Code ‘blackdress’ for $20 off)
- Infinity Trunk – fireproof and waterproof trunks to safeguard those irreplaceable family keepsakes (Use Code ‘blackdress’ for 5% off)
- Instead of Flowers – send a gourmet meal, instead of flowers (15% Off With Code ‘blackdress’)
- In Lieu of Flowers Package – gift our services to help ease the load that comes with a loss
- Oaktree Memorials – handcrafted cremation jewelry using the highest quality of materials.
At the end of the day, we know holidays are not always the happiest time of the year for everyone. While you can’t fix that, acknowledging this and showing up for them may be just what they need.